Dienstag, 13. Januar 2009

Since yesterday I|m now in Cairo with Rachid and we started to walk around the city today - but not that motivated because I spent ten hours in the bus yesterday from Dahab to Cairo and he arrived late from France. Tomorrow we|ll start the real programm...
But I haven|t written anything about Dahab so far, so I still have to tell what I did there. The first thing I did was to climb on Mount Sinai, also known as Gebel Musa. Christians belive that this is the mountain where Moses got the ten commandements from God. Muslims belive it is the mountain on which the horse of Muhammad last set foot before disappearing into heaven with Muhammad on his back. As this mountain is that important to both religions and also known for the fantastic view, huundreds of tourists in groups were climbing it the same night as I did. I was quite disappointed because I knew before that it is a very touristic place, but I thought I have chosen a good moment to climb it because it was not the high season. Still it was not in any way a spiritual experience... too many tourists, guides, beduins, and camels. The beduins on Mount Sinai try to rent Camels to the tourists, so the whole way up you hear all around you> Want camel< I make good price/ We left Dahab in a group around 11pm, arrived submontane around 1am and started climbing in masses. At around 4am we arrived on top and it was freezing cold although I was waering every of my jackets and even took my sleeping bag with me to warm me. So until sunrise - which we wanted to see with all the hundreds other tourists - we still had to wait for 2,5hours, time the beduins used to sell tea, make us poor by using the toilets and renting blankets to those who were ready to pay about 3Euro. When the sun got up I wasn|t tired although I didn|t sleep the whole night, but freezing that much that my hands were trembling enourmously - so I couldn|t take proper pictures of the sunrise. Only when the sun went higher it became warmer and I finally managed to take some nice pictures. Bad luck...
The next day I slept a lot and relaxed in Dahab and booked another trip to two canyons in the desert, one is called Coloured Canyon and the other White Canyon. It was a nice trip, worth the money and I spent the whole day in the desert. Sadly ion our way back my mom called me to tell me that my grandfather died the night before - so I arrived in Dahab feeling very lonely. But the staff in my hotel was very nice and the owner was taking care of me - even willing to give me the key to his private alcohol-reserve to make me - in his words - happy again and to forget about it.NICE - BECAUSE THEY REALLY TRIED TO DO THEIR BEST TO CHEER ME UP AGAIN.
WELL I STOP WRITING NOW BECAUSE THIS KEYBOARDDRIVES ME MAD - I ALREADY LOST ONE TOIME EVERYTHING I WROTE.

Keine Kommentare: